Monday, October 27, 2014

October 23rd Observations

For the first week of observations, I was able to visualize living microorganisms as they went about their daily business. I found two or three rotifers which were quickly moving from one part of the tank to another. These were fast moving and would quickly swim away from the light. The three seed shrimp I observed each stayed mainly around the plant samples in the tank. It looked as if they were picking things off of the plants themselves. I also saw one water fluke, one cladocera, and three cyclops. The three cyclops seemed to lurk around the tank more than anything. I did not see them interact with many other organisms. All of the organisms I saw were transparent and did not seem to interact with each other at the time I was watching them.  All organisms were observed for the first time around 2 o'clock p.m. on October the 23rd, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment